A highly effective antioxidant complex that minimizes the appearance of wrinkles and is believed to have anti-inflammatory properties
Regarded for its astringent properties that pull impurities from skin
Literally worth 1,000 times its weight in water and included at 10% as Crosslinked Sodium Hyaluronate which is 5x more powerful. Used in injectable fillers, topical application attracts and binds water to skin, plumping up depressions in the skin's outermost structure to add fullness and freshness to its appearance
MegaDose Nutritional Complex
Our proprietary blend of anti-aging essentials that provides the maximum effective dose of vital nutritive elements to support the skin's natural healing process
A brightening agent that also improves overall coloration
Amino acids effective in revealing tissue regeneration and complementing the body’s collagen synthesis to improve the appearance of photo-aged and sagging skin
Potent antioxidant whose free radical fighting activity is said to be higher than that of red wine and green tea
Powerful antioxidant included in three forms to optimize full-potency absorption, boosting the skin's natural resistance to sun damage
An excellent humectant comprised of a complex mixture of proteins, sugars, and amino acids that helps reduce the appearance of dark spots and hyperpigmentation
Perfected Night Cream
Let’s talk about hyaluronic acid. This acid is abundant in the dermis of young, healthy skin and is responsible for plumping up the skin. Right now it’s the new must-have cosmetic compound because it’s used in injectable wrinkle fillers like Restylane. This stuff is so effective that, after a few hours of immersion in a beaker of hyaluronic acid, a dried apricot will hydrate and plump back to its original shape. When I was looking for the special ingredient that would really make Private Nurse® a standout, I knew I had to get the most concentrated form of this ingredient. Normal hyaluronic acid is worth literally 1,000 times its weight in water, and it is included at 1% concentration in most skin care formulations. Crosslinked sodium hyaluronate, a super-concentrated form of this acid, is worth 5,000 times its weight in water—and I included it in Private Nurse® Perfected at 10% concentration. I really wanted people to be able to see and feel hydration they’ve never experienced before.
What We Tested
- Skin hydration
- Free-radical damage protection
- Antioxidant efficacy
- Skin irritation
What Techniques We Used
- Corneometer®: This is the most accurate instrument of its kind on the market and is used to measure hydration levels in the outermost layers of epidermis.
- Chroma Meter: Recommended by the CIE (Commission Internationale de l’Eclairage) for assessment of skin color, this instrument detects oxidative damage caused by free radicals. It measures the changes in skin color found in age spots and other skin pigmentation. It also detects protection against free-radical damage by antioxidant activity through assessment of improvements in evenness of skin tone, skin blotchiness, and/or pigmentation.
- PRIMOS imaging system: This system captures the real-time three-dimensional structure of the skin surface. It can determine degrees of skin roughness and smoothness with a high-resolution rapid-video camera and a micromirror projection system, which illuminates a microscopic measurement area.
What We Found
- Skin hydration had increased by 30% 4 hours after application, as measured by the Corneometer®.
- Antioxidant activity increased by 44%, as measured by the Chroma Meter.
- The average rating was 0 (on a scale of 0–4) for “No visible skin reaction.”