Betula Alba Bark Extract
Contains antioxidants that reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Its intense whitening properties are known to lighten the undereye area
A natural astringent that pulls impurities from skin
Antiseptic and healing properties gently relieve skin congestion and eliminate bacteria
A precious mineral with naturally spherical particles that buff the skin as they absorb sweat, oil and pollutants
Perfected Exfoliator Formulated for Sensitive Skin
My main issue with manual exfoliation is that it attacks and injures healthy skin with microscopic tears. On top of this, most people don’t know when to stop once dead skin has been removed and begin to damage healthy skin, causing it to inflame and scab. I wanted Medi Morphosis to address these issues and make it foolproof, so it would be physically impossible to damage healthy skin. I made my exfoliants smooth and spherical—no jagged edges—designed the spheres to melt into a cleanser after dead skin is removed. It’s so simple, you never even have to think about it.
What We Tested
- Exfoliation efficacy
- Skin texture
- Skin tone
- Pore size
- Skin irritation
What Techniques We Used
- Chroma Meter: Recommended by the CIE (Commission Internationale de l’Eclairage) for assessment of skin color, this instrument detects oxidative damage caused by free radicals. It measures the changes in skin color found in age spots and other skin pigmentation. It also detects protection against free-radical damage by antioxidant activity through assessment of improvements in evenness of skin tone, skin blotchiness, and/or pigmentation.
- Image analysis of D-Squame® samples: This analysis evaluates the efficacy of exfoliation by measuring the rate of keratinization, the natural process of shedding and renewal of the outermost layer of the epidermis.
- HiScope® video microscope pore size assessment: This technique used optimal magnification of the size and appearance of pores.
What We Found
- Pore size had decreased by 12% after 8 weeks, as measured by the HiScope® video microscope.
- Luminosity increased immediately, as measured by the Chroma Meter.
- 84% of test subjects reported glowing, radiant skin.
- The average rating was 0 (on a scale of 0–4) for “No visible skin reaction.”